Follow us Likes Follows us

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread Contributor: AnnaBananaBest neighborhoods for affordable living?
Right now I'm living in Brooklyn in the Bushwick/Ridgewood area, but since it's become such a popular area, it's getting harder and harder to find affordable housing. I've humored moving to the Bronx and have heard that there are a lot of great places for a good price over there, but I'm not from NY so I'm not familiar with what areas are good or not. Does anyone know of any neighborhoods that are safe and cheap? Alternatively, are there any places that you would suggest NOT moving to? I'm open to anywhere in Queens as well. Any advice would be helpful, thank you!
I recommend you move to Queens, because it might be closer to Manhattan than Bronx.
Also, Queens is known by not too dangerous, as reputation.

Bronx somewhere isn't a very safe like some stations around 4 train.

(03-26-2018, 01:36 AM)AnnaBanana Wrote: Right now I'm living in Brooklyn in the Bushwick/Ridgewood area, but since it's become such a popular area, it's getting harder and harder to find affordable housing. I've humored moving to the Bronx and have heard that there are a lot of great places for a good price over there, but I'm not from NY so I'm not familiar with what areas are good or not. Does anyone know of any neighborhoods that are safe and cheap? Alternatively, are there any places that you would suggest NOT moving to? I'm open to anywhere in Queens as well. Any advice would be helpful, thank you!

But I love little Italy in the Bronx, also the area near my college, at the Bedford Park. 

You can always PM if you have questions about living in the bronx.
^ I heard that the bronx isn't actually so dangerous anymore, it just has a bad reputation? I'm sure there have to be some places that are nice.
And yeah, I basically live on the border of Brooklyn and Queens as it is. I think Ridgewood is nice, but it's starting to become another hipster neighborhood like Bushwick from what I've seen. For Queens, I work with a lot of people from Jackson Heights, and I hear there's a lot of Tibetan/Nepali people and shops over there, so that sounds interesting too.

My boyfriend is going to CCNY next year so I was thinking Bronx because it's close to the 4/5/6 and it would be convenient for him. Does anybody know any safe places near 4/5/6 subways stops?
(03-26-2018, 01:52 AM)AnnaBanana Wrote: ^ I heard that the bronx isn't actually so dangerous anymore, it just has a bad reputation? I'm sure there have to be some places that are nice.
And yeah, I basically live on the border of Brooklyn and Queens as it is. I think Ridgewood is nice, but it's starting to become another hipster neighborhood like Bushwick from what I've seen. For Queens, I work with a lot of people from Jackson Heights, and I hear there's a lot of Tibetan/Nepali people and shops over there, so that sounds interesting too.

My boyfriend is going to CCNY next year so I was thinking Bronx because it's close to the 4/5/6 and it would be convenient for him. Does anybody know any safe places near 4/5/6 subways stops?

Is CCNY on the West Harlem? why not looking for an apartment around Washington Heights? it is not that pricy and close to CCNY.

Also, in order to go to CCNY, I think you might need 1 train. Well, indeed if you live around 5 train then you can always transfer to 2 train then 1 train... 
So if you really want to live in the bronx, I recommend some neighbourhood around 5 train. I know Woodlawn Height and Fordham is good, (Maybe Fordham is expensive since there is a Fordham University).

Riverdale is the best! I think.

Attached Files Image(s)